Enter your email address & Get More tips and ideas

LOVE YOU ALL OF MY EARTH PEOPLE

Sha Shamsi Makeup Artist and Hairstylist



I do all kinds of makeup-Theatre, Fashion,Bridal,Special Effects and Commercial

makeup hair singapore
I have been in the beauty industry for 20 years with doing makeup for 12 years.. with Modeling as a first stepping stone. During modelling days i find myself more inclined and  attracted to the team behind the shoot rather than seeing myself on the print..
Sha shamsi makeup hair
Then i started to fly for Singapore Airlines as a stewardess and that is where i learn more on grooming myself and started experimenting with colours and makeup.I left flying and learn makeup and was given the opportunity to do Fiddler On The Roof staged By Singapore Lyrics Opera where I met Director Roger Jenkins.
Sha shamsi makeup
During this time i realized my love for makeup and theater. Roger Jenkins then invited me to join his theater Company as head of makeup.
makeup by Sha shamsi
I was given the opportunity to explore the endless boundaries of the world of makeup and  theater. I started designing makeup for the productions, Go to schools around Singapore to teach theater Makeup as part of the Outreach Programmes.
singapore makeup artist
I then started doing hair as well and is Self taught in this area. I find doing both gives me more accurate interpretation of the characters and makeup that i have in mind.. I have since done many productions with some of my most recent – Magic Flute, Carmen, La Boheme, Salome and their posters too.
makeup singapore hairstylist
Then I ventured into bridal makeup which was also something exciting. Meeting new clients and advising them and understanding them helps me to make them look and feel good on their big day.I believe that makeup and hair should compliment their outfits but most importantly compliments their Personality.
makeup singapore Sha shamsi
About 1 year ago I started getting into Fashion and have done magazines – Style,Ish,Catalogue,The Rake Magazine just to name a few. Fashion shows for Ferragamo  Singapore , Paul Ropp and also Tron Premiere  and many others…
hairstylist makeup singapore
Special THANK YOU to Benjamin Kanarek for featuring my work in his blog – 

I am currently venturing into more makeup and hair designing and airbrushing. Special Thanks to a Colleague and friend Phylia Poh who gave me the opportunity and trust to explore more in the endless world or makeup designing .
singapore makeup
I am truly loving my work, everyday is a fresh breath of air :-)
make up artist singapore

Weekly Gossip